You just started your business. It was a rough six months, but eventually, everything was going smoothly – you have a set of loyal customers, fantastic staff and your physical store were able to meet the expectations of your customers. You were able to provide quality service and products to your business. And you’re happy with the results you’re getting right now. However, you realized that as an entrepreneur, it’s never okay for you to be stagnant. To continually meet the demands of your customers and to gain new ones, you should be able to create avenues for your business to be reached by anyone. You might have ads around your neighborhood, but now, you want to have your own business website. You think that this is good for your business.
A lot of businesses out there have been using websites to market their products and services, so you should not be left out. For your website to stand out from the rest, you should understand what Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and why it’s essential for your business. To give you an idea of how SEO can help your business grow over time, consider these:
- Users will know your business exists: When users have a question about something (a particular product or service, perhaps), they would immediately search it online. In the results page, these users will click the websites suggested on top. If you’re careful with your SEO, your website will be displayed on the top of the results page. Once your website is placed on top, more and more users will get to know your existence which can translate to more customers in the future.
- Users will love browsing on your website: Aside from the results page, SEO is also about the entire user experience of anyone who’s navigated through your website. A user would always choose a business with a website that’s user-friendly and easy to use.
- Users will trust your business: Users who see your website on top of the search results page will most likely trust your website compared to those websites which are displayed on the bottom of the second page. When users trust your business, it’ll be easier for them to make purchases from you.
Obviously, having an optimal SEO for your website can bring a lot of benefits to your business. But for you to get those results, there are a lot of things that you should do on your business’ website. You can’t expect that just because your website is set-up by professionals, it’s immediately on top of the results page. No, that rarely happens. For you and your business to enjoy what SEO has to offer, slowly implement these to your website:
- Your website should have useful, highly relevant content: Your website should not only be there so users will know where to reach you or how they can do business with you. Your website should also contain information which is relevant to the users. For example, if your business is selling personalized items for event giveaways, your website should be filled with content which will give users the idea that your products are essential to make any celebration memorable. Your content should be about how your products and services are important and why users should purchase them now.
- Your page should load fast: All of your efforts for your business to stay on top of the results page will be useless if your website takes too long to load. Users might click your website first, but because it’s taking them 10 minutes to view what’s posted there, they might decide to hit the close button immediately. Stray away from that direction and never forget to increase your page load speed. You can do this by caching plug-ins or making sure your code is clean and streamlined.
- You should use outbound links: For your website to have relevant content, don’t be afraid to use outbound links. Use authority websites so users can get more in-depth information from the content you’re posting online. Using outbound links can also send trust signals to Google and thus, will improve your SEO rankings. However, more is not necessarily better when using outbound links as this can make the content distracting. You should use outbound links adequately without compromising content.
- You should use different multimedia: It’s not enough that your website is filled with content because users will eventually get bored or will look for interaction online. Using different multimedia such as images, slideshows and videos can be a perfect solution for these scenarios. All of these will also signal quality content to search engines. Once you use diverse multimedia in your website, you’re making sure users are interested in what you offer online, and you can guarantee that these are helping your website improve its SEO rankings.
As an entrepreneur, you should be innovative always through all mediums available to you, and creating a website is one of the best ways to do it. This will help you and your business in a lot of ways. You should understand that just because you have a website running, doesn’t mean that the customers will immediately flock to you and your business. There are a lot of things that you should do first for you to get there and improving your SEO rankings should be on top of your list. We hope this article from U-Thrive Marketing was informative.
I am the founder/CEO of U-Thrive Marketing, We are one of the premier digital marketing and website development firms in Oklahoma. I have helped hundreds of companies across the USA put their business on the map online and offline. My specialty in generating more customers for the businesses I work with by using proven digital marketing tactics such as SEO-Search Engine Optimization, PPC- Pay Per Click Advertising, Website Optimization & Social Media marketing. I have also been personally featured on many national and local publications and spoke at numerous digital marketing conferences and workshops across the country.